Those who have experienced Sciatic nerve pain will attest to how excruciating and hurtful it can be. I have listed some very good exercise to help you deal with sciatica but first it is important for you to know, what sciatica is? When the pain starts, people search for answers in normal search strings, “back pain in lower back or pain along the side of the leg” even some doctors will not classify sciatica properly or not until you go back to them and say, this is what i think it is. In simple explanation, Sciatic is a nerve pain ; the sciatic nerve runs down the spine to lower back and also along the side of your legs – all the way down to your calves. It can results from an injury or degenerative disc disease can also cause sciatica.
When it happened to a close friend of mine, we did lots of research and came across many different ways to deal with it – from at home exercise, to professional physio therapy, to natural healing and surgery. For the purpose of this post, i will focus only on exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home. These Exercises will help relieve sciatica by mobilizing the sciatic nerve and improving low back flexibility and are great for relieving the pain from sciatica.
8 Stretches to Soothe Sciatic Pain
In total there are eight different stretches each lasting for 30 seconds. If you ever felt the pain of sciatica, you would know it crumbles you down to the ground. Just going up the stairs is a mission impossible7. Here are the exercises, which will make you walk again.
- Deep Glute Stretch Left Leg (30 Seconds) Right Leg (30 Seconds)
- Prone Torso Twist To The Right (30 Seconds Hold) To The Left (30 Seconds Hold)
- Shell Stretch (30 Seconds Hold)
- Cobra Stretch (30 Seconds Hold)
- Seated Torso Twist (30 Seconds Hold) To Left and (30 Seconds Hold) To The Right
- Seated Crossover Hamstring Stretch To Left (30 Seconds Hold) and To The Right (30 Seconds Hold)
- Standing Toe Touch (30 Seconds Hold)
- Cat Stretch (30 Seconds Hold)
Here is the video instruction for this Lower Back Stretches for Sciatica Pain.
Try these exercises three times a day and watch the pain leave your body.
Note : You will see improvements in few days but please do not stop. It is important for you to make