Fat is stored in women’s thighs and it is hard to shed fat from the pelvis, buttocks and thighs than it is to trim down other areas of the body. The fat stored around the pelvis, buttocks and thighs of women appears to act as reserve storage for the energy demands of lactation. As a result it is very hard for women to burn this fat to have slim legs and thighs compared to men.
The exercises listed here for slim legs are very simple and easy which do not require any special equipment or weights. The best aspect of these exercises is that you can do these in the comfort of your own home without stepping out to go to gym and have slim legs. If you also include these 5 most effective abs workouts in your plan, you will be losing fat around your stomach for sexy summer abs.
Burning fat accumulated around thighs and legs requires a lots of patience as it will take considerable time before you notice the melting away of the most difficult fat in your body. The fat is lost from the entire body during weight loss work outs. Legs and thighs are the last areas to lose fat for slim legs. It will, however, become an easy task to have thinner thighs if you use the following workouts regularly for over a period of time.
Lets get started now so that you have slim legs and thighs as soon as possible.
Exercise 1: Hip Bridge
Hip Bridge workout helps you to have slim and toned legs.
How to do Hip Bridge:
- Lie your back on the ground. The knees must be bent and are facing up.
- Lift your toes towards the shins while your heels stay flat on the floor.
- Form a straight line from knees to the shoulders when you raise your butt off the ground. Keep your core tight and your butt engaged.
- Hold for 2 seconds then lower down.
- Repeat as many as you can without breaking form for 1 minute.
Exercise 2: Plie for Slim Legs
Plie is another workout that you must include into your leg slimming workout routine for good results.
How to do Plie:
- Stand straight, feet a bit wider than shoulder-width apart, toes must point out at around 45 degrees.
- With arms forward and straight, lower into squat position slowly. Keep your core and butt tight.
- Slowly rise up and repeat. Try to go as low as you can when you squat without breaking your straight form.
- Avoid your knees to go past your toes when you squat low.
- Do as many in 1 minute. Rest for 30 seconds. Repeat.
Exercise 3: Single Leg Circles for Slim Legs
How to do Single Leg Circles:
- Lie on your back. Have your arms at the sides while the palms are facing down.
- Start out with one foot thrust upward towards the ceiling. Lift the legs without lifting your butt on the floor.
- Rotate the leg slightly outward.
- Breathe and hold your breath while you trace a circle with the lifted leg. Move your whole leg while keeping the rest of your body still and flat on the floor.
- Rotate the legs around 5 times clockwise and another 5 times counter clockwise.
- Switch with the other leg and repeat this 3-5 times.
Exercise 4: Jump Squat for Slim Legs
Jump squats must be part of every workout which targets legs.
How to do Jump Squats:
- With proper posture, stand while the feet is shoulder-width apart.
- Bend knees to about 90 degrees, squatting down.
- Now with all your leg and glutes, jump as high as you can.
- Land softly, absorbing the impact, with your knees bent back to squat position.
- Do this for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps.
Exercise 5: Scissor Legs Plank for Slim Legs
Use scissors legs plank workout to get rid of extra fat around your legs.
How to do Scissors Legs Planks:
- Start with a full plank pose. Put each foot on top of a folded towel or a gliding disc. Anything to make the feet slide easier.
- While you tighten your core, slide both feet apart, opening your legs as wide as you can. After opening them, squeeze them back together.
- Perform 15 reps per set, resting as much as you need between sets.
No matter which exercises you perform for thinner thighs, the key to success is persistence and patience. All the above exercises do not require and equipment and can be done easily at your home. So there is no excuse not to perform any of these thigh toning exercises.