Are you trying to lose chubby cheeks and get rid of double chin? The truth is losing face fat and double chin is difficult with workouts which we do to get rid of our tummy. You do lose weight from the trouble parts you are targeting but for many it becomes hard to lose chubby cheeks after weight loss plan. Facial workouts help you to shed baby fat from the face and give your jaw line better look.
Sagging chin is mainly caused by the increasing age, the loss of collagen and overweight is called a double chin. Fortunately, chin and neck can be toned effectively with these face exercises.
Double chin workouts to tone the face are as important as the physical exercises that help in weight loss and tone the body.
You must also change some of your habits to assist you with your goal to have chiseled cheekbones without chubby cheeks. Trust me drinking plenty of water and restful good night sleep are must to lose face fat. Lets start the workouts which will tone your facial muscles and make them strong at the same time.
These workouts are not hard and you can easily include them into your weight loss plan while trying to lose chubby cheeks and double chin.
1. Smiling Fish Face
Smiling fish face is one of the easiest facial exercise you can do any time any where. It helps you to tone your cheeks. During this exercise you stretch the cheek muscles that helps reduce flabbiness.
It is very easy to perform smiling fish face. All you have to do is make a fish face with your lips and then smile at the same time.
Hold that position for 5 seconds and then release. Repeat 10-15 times for faster results.
2. Cheek Lifts to Lose Chubby Cheeks
Cheek lift workout will tone the cheek muscles helping you to lose the chubby cheeks. You smile and lift your one cheek at time in this workout.
Sit in a relaxed upright position. Now have a big smile on your face and gently lift up your cheeks towards your eyes. Hold this position for 15 seconds and release. Repeat it on the other side of your cheek. Minimum 15 repetitions on each sides are suggested for best results.
3. Blowing Air Workout
When you blow air, your cheek, jaw and neck muscles are working during this process. It is an easy workout but very effective in toning cheek and jaw muscles.
Sit in upright position and move your head backward. Blow air out of your mouth and continue doing as long as possible. Relax and repeat 10-15 times.
Here are some very good exercises to get rid of double chin.
4. The Chin Lift or Kissing the Ceiling
Chin lift exercise is the best way to get rid of a double chin. This helps to workout and stretching most of the facial muscles, including the jaw, throat and neck.
To perform the chin lift, follow these simple steps:
- Stand or sit with so that your spine is erect.
- Tilt your head back so that your face is towards the ceiling and you are looking toward it.
- Now it is time to pucker your lips tightly so that it looks like you are trying to kiss the ceiling.
It is important not to engage any other facial muscles during the workout. Only your lips are involved. You can count up to 5 while holding your lips in a puckered position and then release and go back to normal position. Perform 5-10 repetitions.
5. Platysma Exercise
The platsma workout is an incredible chin exercise that helps tone the chin and cheek muscles helping you to have a prominent jaw line. The platysma is a muscle from the chin and extends to the shoulder.
To strengthen and tone the platysma muscle, follow these steps.
- Sit or stand so that your spine is in erect position.
- Pull your lips back against your teeth, and turn the corners of your mouth downward.
- Open your mouth slightly, and activate the muscles of your jaw. Keep your lips pressed firmly against your teeth and the corners of your mouth turned down. The tendons on your neck should stand out.
- Wiggle your lower jaw up and down 5 to 10 times.
Repeat this workout 5-10 times to tone your platysma muscle and get rid of double chin.
6. Jaw Release
Get a sexy, strong cheekbones and a prominent jaw line with the practice of releasing the jaw, which is one of the most effective workout for reducing chin fat. It helps to stretch and work the muscles around the lips, jaws and cheeks.
- In a seated or standing position, elongate your spine for a tall, straight back.
- Moving your jaws up and down like you are chewing and keeping your lips together, inhale deeply through your nose then slowly exhale while humming.
- When you finish the exhale, open your mouth as wide as possible with the tip of your tongue gently pressed against the back of your bottom teeth.
- Holding this position, inhale then exhale with an audible “ahhh” sound. The entire move should take 90 seconds. That’s one rep. Complete two.
7. Roll Your Neck and Lose Double Chin
How to perform roll your neck exercise?
- Stand with your spine upright.
- Turn your head to the side so that your chin is parallel to your shoulder. Your eyes should be looking off to the side, too.
- Slowly roll your head downward, then up to the other side.
- Repeat 10 times.
8. Head Lifts to Get Rid of Double Chin
- Head lift workout is helpful in toning your neck muscles. In order to perform this exercise,
- Lie on your bed with your neck on the edge of the bed and let your head hang relaxed off the side.
- Contracting the muscles at the front of your neck, slowly lift and curl your head toward your chest as far as you can while keeping your shoulders flat on the bed.
- Hold for 10 seconds, then, being careful not to let your head drop, slowly relax your neck to return your head to starting position. That’s one rep.
Double chin workouts will help you strengthen your neck and facial muscles to have better jawline. However, you must understand that losing overall body fat and incorporating healthy diet is the key to getting rid of double chin.
In addition to these workouts, you can tone your face muscles when you are chewing gum, blowing balloons, rinsing your mouth with mouthwash. You should also continue with your weight loss workouts and diets so that you lose weight from other parts of body.