Yoga helps tone up the abdominal muscles, make them taut and help shed extra fat and shrink stomach quickly which results in smaller waistline and skinny tummy. Yoga poses which target the abdomen are guaranteed to give your tummy a leaner, flatter and well toned appearance by burning calories. The good thing about yoga poses is that your metabolism is stimulated during the workout resulting in faster fat burning.
When you combine yoga with balanced diet and all natural detoxifying drinks, you multiply the weight loss process. Here I am listing 3 yoga poses which will help you lose tummy bulge so that you can also have leaner and toned abs.
#1. Locust Pose to Shrink Stomach Quickly
Locust pose is an excellent yoga exercise that helps to lose fat from your belly and shrink stomach quickly. The target of this yoga pose is abdominal muscles.
- In order to perform locust pose, lie down on a yoga mat and spread your legs wide.
- Now slowly lift your legs, head, chest and arms up simultaneously.
- Hold your body in this position for 10-15 seconds and then slowly return back to normal position.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
#2. Wheel Pose for Slim Waist
The wheel pose (Chakrasana) is also one of the best yoga poses to tighten your tummy muscles and core.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees so that there is 10-12 inches gap between your legs.
- Place your palms on the floor above the shoulders beside the head. Take a deep breath and raise your body.
- Slowly drop the head and try to make your arms and legs straight as much as possible.
- Stay in this position as long as you can. Don’t forget to keep on inhaling and exhaling while your body is in wheel pose.
- Once you no longer can hold your body in this position, exhale and lower your body back to the ground.
- Try to perform wheel pose 3-5 times.
#3. Cobra Pose for Flat Stomach
The cobra pose (Bhujangasana) is also one of the important yoga poses to have a flat belly and also enhances digestion.
- Lie down on your belly such that there is no or minimum gap between your legs.
- Place your palms besides your shoulder while head resting on the ground.
- Take a deep breath in and start raising your head up to your navel region. You should try to see the ceiling.
- Maintain the pose as long you can do. Remember to inhale and exhale during the pose. Just before bringing body down, exhale deeply.
- Perform cobra pose for 3-5 times.
The above yoga poses are some of the best yoga workouts to shrink your stomach fast.